
I think that, generally, a person's life could be split into 3 stages - childhood, parenthood and grandparent-hood. Those stages come at different points for different people, and some people don't get to experience all of them. I suppose at the moment, I'm going between stages 1 and 2, and Friday was quite an important day in that transition - saying goodbye to my work colleagues. Whether on a temporary or permanent basis, I don't know - either way, it was an experience that helped me to realise what a life change this whole baby mallarky was going to be. It'll be great to wake up tomorrow morning and not to have to go to work, but I wonder if I'll still feel that way on Wednesday morning, when I've already had two days of daytime tv- how much phillip and fern can a person handle!! I've made myself of list of things to keep myself preoccupied - like fixing the shelf in the bathroom cupboard, and organising the overflowing 'pan' cupboard in the kitchen. I suppose some people would consider that 'nesting'. Maybe it is. Not that the baby is going to notice if the fridge is clean when he comes home!
No comments:
Post a Comment