As Michael had to overcome a little setback (his tongue tie), it's taken him a little longer to get used to breastfeeding. We worked with various midwives at the hospital, who were all very helpful in giving me tips on ways to help him. We had progressed to being able to feed using a nipple shield - a small plastic thing that helped him 'latch-on'. But amazingly, despite a shocking lack of sleep last night, when the midwife came to visit today, he fed perfectly without any assistance!! So - hopefully we're getting the hang of things, and that will be one less thing to worry about!!
1 comment:
Hi Both
Baby Michael is absolutely beautiful and I look forward to seeing you all when you are settled in.
I know prior to the birth you were concerned about the weight of the weight of the baby so I thought this story from the BBC might be of interest:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4191765.stm
Love Alix xx
Post a Comment