Thursday, 25 January 2007

Home at last

After much discussion, we decided that, although the wee man wasn't feeding perfectly, it was best for us to come home last night. The staff at the hospital were great, and the food wasn't at all bad, but after sharing my room with three other women who had all come and gone since I arrived, I was starting to feel a little depressed at the thought of still being there! Hormones!!!
So - at 10 pm last night, we got the midwives' blessing to go home, packed our bags (there were many!) and made our way back to the house as quickly as we could. I was very glad we did. Although neither of us got much sleep last night, it was nice to be there with Martin, and the wee man fed quite well considering. We're using what they call a nipple shield, which just seems to make things a little easier for him. It's only supposed to be a temporary measure, so we'll have to keep working at doing it completely naturally, but at least it's giving us both confidence in learning how this whole breastfeeding thing works.

No comments: