Sunday, 7 September 2008

blue flag beach


Me, aged about two and a bit in my granny and grandad black's back garden (I still remember climbing those trees). Do you think Michael looks like me then?


Grandad Black teaching Michael to drive


Michael helping out around the house


Michael enjoying time at Silver Sands in Aberdour. Note how warm Sarah looks at the beach.


I know it looks bad, but I'm sure Michael is innocent......


michael playing with auntie isla in the sand


michael, aberdour beach and the firth of forth


michael enjoying the bouncy castle

We went to the beach for a Ward Picnic last week, and Michael seemed to really enjoy being near the water, and indeed spent a lot of time in the water which is good given how cold the Firth of Forth is. He fell over in the Forth a couple of times, and was ok until he fell face first. He even recognised a crab, and was able to show what noise a crab makes (not sure what noise a crab makes, but it's a bit of a snapping noise with the pincers as far as Michael is concerned).

He got a bit jealous when I was playing football, but was generally on his best behaviour. He had been stung by a wasp on the lip the day before, but was seemed not to be too bothered by them (I don't think he's worked out what caused the pain or the swelling).

Sarah's taught michael to count to 10. He gets stuck on some of the numbers, but makes a good go at it. He's also getting much better at recognising animals and what noises they make (what noise does a tortoise make anyway?)

He's getting quite grumpy when he doesn't get his own way, which is proving difficult. There's a lot of thrashing about on the floor and screaming. I know it's a bit early, but I can see why they call the twos terrible.


2 comments:

Lili said...

Whoa yes -- there's definitely a resemblance!

Anonymous said...

I agree, he definitely looks like you! Emma counts 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 17. Every time.