The boat itself was lovely. Michael was in a top bunk, and Emma was on a converted couch, but we had enough space and privacy. We had a balcony room, so the kids were under strict instruction to not go outside without either Sarah or myself being with them. Thankfully it wasn't a sheer drop of 15 storeys as we've had before, so it wasn't quite as terrifying. Both Sarah and I noticed that when outside we feared we wouldn't be able to stop ourself chucking the iPad or something else off the balcony.
The food was great. Emma loved having Lucky Charms for breakfast, and both of them were really keen to try new foods, and even some things off of the adult menu.
Michael and Emma both loved the kids club. Michael, after a couple of days, did seem to go there more only when the video games were on for an hour, but they were both happy to go. Michael was a little unhappy that we wouldn't let him sign himself out or in.
We got full marks in a Harry Potter quiz, much helped by the fact that Alison had just finished listening to the books again. There were a couple of spoilers in there for Michael and Emma, who at that point hadn't finished the second book (I'm reading it to them at bedtime), but we lost in the tie-break with several other teams who also got full marks.
The third day (Wednesday) was my 40th birthday. I'd been a little anxious about it, but it was fine. Michael had asked if I was excited for it, and when I told him I was nervous as it was a milestone in getting old he replied "But you've been old since I was born". That didn't make me feel any better, but the day itself was really nice, and I didn't feel any different.
We were supposed to go to Turkey on my birthday, but there had just been an attempted coup the week before, so we got an extra day at sea (and a small refund!).






















No comments:
Post a Comment