Sunday, 18 September 2016

Med Cruise 2016 - Rhodes

Rhodes was our first stop on the cruise. We had a quick saunter around the island. We'd planned on getting on a little tour bus thing, but it was full, so we just walked around a bit, then up to the fortress then back to the boat for a late lunch. That pattern seemed to serve us well, as it was so hot that the kids got quickly worn out, and I got my usual prickly heat, but instead of just on my arms and hands it was all over my torso.
Rhodes was fascinating. The structures looked ancient, and it was interesting to go into the Palace of the Grand Master and to see all the peoples who have occupied Rhodes over the centuries, and the influence they've had on the place.
Michael and Emma had some great fans with water that Grandma had got for them, which helped to keep them cool, but unfortunately their brains didn't seem to be able to operate them and walk at a decent pace at the same time. They had a great game of hide and seek with Uncle David, who also got Michael to photograph him imitating the poses of the statues.
I got cornered by a group of African woman who were very friendly, and seemed to know a lot about Scotland, and before I knew it they had a bracelet on my wrist and were trying to convince me to buy their talisman. I quickly exited the situation.














No comments: