Sunday, 18 September 2016

Med Cruise 2016 - Malta

We stopped in Malta next. It was a really lovely place. We opted to have a quick bus tour of the place, and I got told off after we'd bought tickets (at considerable discount), by a woman working for a rival company telling us we had chosen the wrong service. She perhaps wasn't wrong, as the queue was pretty long, but eventually we got on a bus and got to have a quick tour of the place. 
It was really hot, which was noticeable once the bus stopped moving. Emma sat downstairs next to a girl she'd met at the kids club from Stonehaven.
We braved the queue once we got back onto the boat, and got onto the Skyride, which was like a monorail bicycle around the ship. We had to wait about 30 minutes, and weren't 100% sure that they'd let Emma on, but she was just tall enough and could reach the pedals. Michael was great on it, but I was behind Emma. I'd asked to go on the rail behind her, but wisely the ladies who were running it made me go on the other rail. Emma got stuck, and they asked her on the walkie talkie if she was doing ok. It was funny to hear her wee voice saying "Not really!" over the walkie talkie. One of the ladies got onto the vehicle on Emma's rail and gave her a bit of a shunt, at which point she was fine. I shot round as quick as I could to get to her, but she was safely in place but had lost momentum.
I wish the same could have been said for the high rope walk thing. Sarah had open toed sandals, so wasn't allowed to go on it, so I had to go on with Emma. It was quite adventurous for me to try something like that, as it's way out of my comfort range, but about three quarters of the way around, Emma got really upset and started crying saying that she wanted to go back. She was distraught, and I had to coax and carry her over the most difficult few obstacles at the end. I was proud of her at the end, but it was a terrible time getting her there, and I was a write off for a couple of hours.
Michael went on the high rope thing several times, on the harder track, and was no problem. He went on the Skyride with David again later that day.























No comments: