Michael, Emma and I at the Dolphin Pool
Enjoying the show with Alan and Alyson
Failed.....
....and successful photo of Sarah and I
Michael and Emma enjoy some Shamu Chicken Nuggets
Photos with Elmo and Elmo's friend (we didn't buy the photo)
Fish!
Ice Cream!
Rides
Aftermath of the Shipwreck Rapids
We went to Seaworld on the second Monday. It's right by the sea and it was a hot day, but there was a nice breeze.
Seeing the animals was fantastic. Michael got to touch a manta ray, which he described as "slimey". Emma has a bit of a thing about sharks being scary but she was quite excited to see them. The shamu show has improved greatly from the touchy-feely over-emotional nonsense of the believe show of a few years ago, and they even had a baby shamu. That being said, it was totally outshone by the Clyde and Seymore sea lion show which was absolutely fantastic.
There was a whole Sesame Street themed playpark area which Michael and Emma loved. It had some rides and I had a go on the airplane ride with Emma. I drew the line at the teacups though - they looked deadly!
It was pretty busy so we missed some things because we didn't want to queue. We did go to the Madagascar Live! show, which Michael and Emma loved. It was basically a High School Musical type thing with a band and some of the characters from Madagascar. For me and any other ME/CFS sufferers it was more like The Exorcist. It was a bit on the loud-and-flashy-light side. Glad it only lasted 20 minutes.
The Blacks stayed pretty late (the Adam car left a couple of hours before us) as I was lasting well. I'm so glad we did, as at our third attempt at the shipwreck rapids the queue had gone from old testament biblical to sensible. We got on after a 10-15 minute wait. I really enjoyed getting to go on it with Michael. We got totally soaked. A family waved at us from the side and when we waved back they used the mounted water guns to totally soak us.

No comments:
Post a Comment