Thursday, 12 August 2010

Catch up #2 - Campy and Beyond

Michael and Daniel Thomson

Michael showing how it's done

Michael and Clair

Michael breakdancing following a strike!

A scary advert for the Megabowl

Michael getting on the cars at camperdown park, despite being a little too little

Granny and Granddad with Isla

Isla and Lauren with Michael on the boats at Camperdown Park

You are feeling very sleeeepy...........Emma tries out her hypnotism skills.


Michael and Emma at dinner time

Michael and Emma recently went to Camperdown Park for the Dundee Stake Picnic with Clair, Lee, Isla and another one of Isla's friends called Lauren (she has several).

Michael especially seemed to have a fantastic time. Not least because he got onto the fantastic playpark up there. He seemed quite excited to get on the boats as well, but I'm assured as soon as he heard there was a possibility of getting on a go-kart that he got off the boat as soon as he could (even before they'd docked it in the proper place. Luckily, Clair found someone at the cars that would let him on, and even though he had his eye on a blue one that looked a bit like a police car, he got to go on a couple of times despite being too young. Dad wasn't as lucky on Monday when he took him back to the park, as he got someone a bit stricter. It reminds me of when I turned 7 at butlins, and dad convinced the guy at the motorbikes to let me have a go. Possibly something that was regretted by both when I hit the sandbales going around a corner and went flying over them. Still, I remember getting on again later in the week, so I don't think anyone regretted it that much. In fact, if I remember correctly, after being picked up I got back on the motorbike.

Michael stayed the evening with Clair, Lee, Isla and Lauren. He went bowling, and Clair assures me that he got really excited when he got either a strike or a spare, but got a little upset when he didn't knock down all the pins. He even showed them some breakdancing, which he seems to be doing more and more. I'll need to get a wee bit of linoleum in the back garden so he can try out a headspin.

The idea was that mum and dad picked up Michael that night and took him back with them, and as always, he had a great time with them. I was supposed to look after Emma so that Sarah could help out at a Baby Shower, but as always my health let us down so Sarah took Emma, who misbehaved a bit. Emma's been a lot better in the car recently. In America she was a nightmare, but she seems to just fall asleep now.

No comments: