Sunday, 4 July 2010

park city


Michael still asleep at Amsterdam airport



Grandma with Emma in the controversial white babygro (it highlights how dirty airports are)



Michael - asleep with Nemo



In the hot tub!


Emma and Grandma


Uncle Alan and Emma


playing the wii!


michael displaying his football skills


Michael and Grandad Adam


Chasing Uncle Neil


penalty shootout with auntie maggie


caden, noah and michael sharing a ds


emma and sarah's cousin alyson


spot any resemblence?


me taking michael to the stairs during a post-wii tantrum. the t-shirt is most appropriate


baby emma and grandad adam


the whole extended family


Michael and Emma have safely made it to park city, utah. Both of them were great at the airports and on the plane, although Michael was a total nightmare to wake up at 4am to get to Aberdeen airport.

I managed to be the last person on the plane. I'm not sure how it happened, but I remember asking the guy who was pushing me about in the wheelchair (I decided to ask for special assistance in the hope it'd tire me out less at the airports) if I should be worried about our flight flashing red on the departures board and showing "last call" against it. He casually said "Yep". We were only at the security bit at the time, but they were good enough to send someone on to stop the flight for us.

Michael watched Toy Story three times on the way over. Emma was very contented on the plane, and hardly made a noise. Michael was very excited about everything.

On our (final) arrival in Salt Lake, we were all very tired. Michael was fast asleep, and had been for most of the journey over from Atlanta. We managed to get the rented cars sorted out, and drove to a burger place (Carl's Jnr) before getting up to the lodge in which we're staying. Michael didn't wake up at all, and we put him straight to bed. Needless to say, he woke up in the middle of the night a little upset as he had no idea where he was, something that continued on Thursday and Friday night as well.

We had a bit of a lazy day on Thursday. A couple of Sarah's friend from her mission in Ireland dropped by to see us in the evening (Hi Emily - I know you're reading!). Both Emma and Michael were asleep by that time. I've had to make the difficult decision to not try and meet up with anyone, as it'd just be too tiring for me. I'm continuing to avoid any unnecesary exertion or stress, in the hope that I'll continue to recover.

Friday was another lazy day, with more of the family arriving. We went for a walk down the centre of park city on Saturday, which turned out to be a bit of a disaster, as we went in three cars, and none of us really knew where we were going. The Cold Stone ice cream shop was closed to make matters worse! We just managed to make it back in time for Sarah's Aunt and Uncle's 40th wedding anniversary celebrations.

Michael's had a bit of a problem over here. The Bean Family (Uncle Alan's future in-laws) have been good enough to give us a shot of their wii, but Michael's been a bit obsessive about it and the Nintendo DS we also brought with us. It's been difficult to get him off them, and has always resulted in tantrums when we've managed to pry him away. To be fair though, I've been sleeping or resting a lot of the time, and it's given Sarah a chance to not have to entertain Michael. His uncles, aunties and grandparents have been keen to play with him.

2 comments:

Marble Madness said...

Thanks for the shout out! I feel totally cool now that I made it on your blog. :) I hope the rest of your trip goes well. Especially the part where you have to sing american patriotic hymns at church. :)

Lili said...

I finally got caught up on your blog (going backwards). I'm so sad I missed you all!

From my record of being in another country every time you're here, you'd think I didn't actually live here.

I'll just have to make sure to keep stopping by in that lovely place called Scotland :)

Emma is growing so fast--she's so pretty! You all look great.