Emma and Uncle Jamie
Michael providing security for the event

Michael struggles with the heat and general sleep-related grumpiness
Noah, Michael and Caden on the stairs at the Bean's
My turn on Emma Watch (note proximity to the fan)
Alyson's Dad Joey takes a turn on Emma Watch
Set-up at the bean's for July 4th Barbeque
For July 4th we went to church in Kayesville (beside Salt Lake City). It was July 4th, so we got to sing 'God Save America' and 'The Star Spangled Banner'. My favourite quote of the day was Sarah saying "If our national anthem was as good as that, I might even sing it!". My second favourite quote of the day was an old guy getting up at church (Testimony Meeting) and talking about how much he loved America, but how concerned he was at the people leading the country at the moment, and how he looked forward to having God-Fearing people running the country again soon. Sometimes I'm just so happy that I'm not presiding at these meetings.
Michael didn't do very well at church. He was very tired (he was still waking up at 4-5am in the morning), and was very grumpy. I took him outside for a while, and when we came back in he fell back asleep very quickly. I've not seen him do that at church in a while. Emma managed to embarass herself when Uncle Neil introduced her to a little girl. Emma managed to grab the girl by the hair and scratch her on the eye. The girl was really upset, but to be fair, Emma wasn't really that bothered. I found the mum of the little girl and apologised.
After church we went back to the Bean's house for a July 4th Barbeque. We'd previously been treated to a great barbeque from Sarah's uncle Brian. This food was perhaps even better. Really top notch. Emma had fun being passed around lots of new people. Michael had fun with Noah and Caden and some of the Bean kids. He found a toy rifle that you need to pump to get it to fire, and greatly enjoyed shooting lots of people. Sarah and I haven't really let him play with guns, but it just seems to be instinct.
We all had a great time at the Bean's. I found a quiet room downstairs that I could sleep in.
No comments:
Post a Comment