Thursday, 22 July 2010

Mhari's Wedding

Grandma, Granddad, Joey and Eve Bean

Michael exploring the Bean's back garden

Michael's not too sure about the piper.

Black Family Picture


The American wing of the Adam family discuss the latest addition to the faction

Michael does some impromptu rock climbing (in a kilt!!!!)

Kilts photo with flags. Blacks/Adams to the left, Beans to the right.

Recreating the Raising of the Flag on Iwo Jima.

Adam family photo

Michael and Emma playing with Grandma

Emma spots something she can chew

Michael stands watch for the groom

Granddad's reaction to a suggestion that Michael should play for the English National Football Team over the Scottish one.

Sarah and Emma taking care of the essentials outside the temple

Michael casually strolling near the flowers

Michael shows us all the only way to dance in a kilt

The Blacks and Grandma find a wee bit of shade on a very hot day


The Happy Couple


We stepped gaily, on we went, heel to heel and toe to toe to Alan and Alyson's wedding on the Sunday. Everything went well (as far as I could see). I remembered during the sealing ceremony in the temple that even though my phone was switched off, the alarm was still set for 4am uk time, and I remember trying to remember if it was going to play 'Also Sprach Zarathustra' from 2001 at any moment - like I need any more stress in my life.

Michael got to go into the temple (at least as far as the toilets), and true to form, I bumped into someone that I knew outside the temple - Sister Dewey, who had served about 6 months of her mission in Kirkcaldy in 1987. It was funny to get called President Black's son again.

Michael and Emma had on their finest for the wedding. Michael put up no struggle regarding putting on his kilt. Helped by the fact that he'd been bribed by the nintendo ds and that he had a sporran full of skittles, he was on his best behaviour pretty much all of the day. Emma managed not to embarrass herself, and was in the same dress all day. They were both happy to pose for the camera for the official photos.

After the wedding and the photos outside the temple, we went back to the Bean's house for the reception. The whole day was lovely, and I managed to locate a bedroom in the basement of the house that was cool and reasonably quiet so I could get some sleep.

I saw Michael and Emma playing together for the first time at the wedding. I'd never really seen that before. Emma was looking at Michael and making a noise, and Michael was laughing. It was a touching moment for me, and a big improvement on Michael trying to cuddle Emma, and Emma crying in terror.

Emma wasn't scared by the bagpipes, which shows her to be a true native of these lands. Michael got a present from Deb's Mum and Dad, which is a book of 'The Little Train that Could'. He really likes it, and asks for it all the time at storytime before bed.

No comments: