We went into San Francisco on another occasion to visit Pier 39. It was nice to see it, but it was a bit on the touristy side. That said, the donuts that David took us to get from Bob's Donuts were delicious, and the sour dough place (Boudin Bakery) was both delicious and informative. Sarah and I shared some chilli that was inside a sour dough bread bowl. The little museum of sour dough that they had was also very interesting.
Pier 39 was pretty busy, and had lots of tourist tat. We were able to steer Emma away from it, but we were not able to steer me away from the Hot Sauce Shop. I only bought one, but I'm sure I could have bought a couple of dozen sauces from there.
We watched a kids magic show which was pretty entertaining. Michael and Emma certainly enjoyed it. We got to see Alcatraz in the distance, having missed out on getting tickets for a tour (first we were too early, and then too late to book tickets, which only become available a few weeks beforehand). I don't think Michael and Emma were too impressed, but having seen it in various films and run around it in a couple of video games it was nice to see even from a distance.
Sarah, Michael and Neil went to the baseball one night. I think they all really enjoyed it, although they did experience a few extra innings as it was a draw after normal play. They didn't get home until quite late, but despite having to park far away from the ground to get in all had gone according to plan.
We got to see David and Shannon's place on our last day before heading off to the airport to fly down to San Diego for our final week in Alpine with Sally and Brian.














No comments:
Post a Comment