Saturday, 24 March 2012

Fairy Tale Day

Very Rare photo of the 4 of us (3 out of 4 looking at the camera)



Michael and Emma excited for the fairy tale day


We had a lovely day on Monday. It was a special Fairy Tale day at Michael's school. It was the culmination of their Fairy Tale learning module which had lasted all term. They got to dress up as characters from fairy tales, and the parents/smaller children got to come along in the afternoon. The afternoon activities involved a quick assembly and look around, some activity time in the class with the primary 1 children, then back to the assembly hall for a teddy bear's picnic (i.e. cakes!).

Sarah and I really enjoyed getting to see Michael and the other P1s having a lot of fun. Michael was 1 of 3 or 4 people wearing a dragon/crocodile/dinosaur suit thing, but he didn't care. I enjoyed seeing one of his classmates coming up to him asking to be eaten, and michael pretending to eat him by moving the mouth on the costume (borrowed from Kaydean at church I believe).

Emma didn't want to miss out on the dressing up action, and was alternatively a fairy and a princess depending on her mood. She was really cute, although at one point almost took out someone's dad's eye with her wand (luckily I stopped it in time). 

As you can see from the bottom photo Emma and Michael got to ice some cakes in the class. The idea was that they were supposed to be eaten later (at the picnic I presume), but that was lost on Emma and I snuck her off into a corner and she scoffed one of them.

All of the teachers were really nice. Emma and I were talking to one of them on the way up to the classroom. I wish someone had told me she was the headmistress, as I would have tried to have made a better impression. 

Sarah seems to know everyone at the school, which furthers my suspicion that she's actually involved with the Tullibody mafia. I'd taken the day off work, rested all morning and was happy to last about an hour. I did miss the picnic though. 

1 comment:

Marble Madness said...

Hey look!I'm commenting on your blog once again... :)

Hey, so I've decided it's high time I come visit you all. How about the later half of May some time? Would you all be up for that? :)