I'm really looking forward to summer. Partly because I've got hope that I'll be fully back up and running by that point. Partly because it means that Michael can get out and play in the garden. It's getting close - Sarah had to take her jacket off coming home from nursery today as it was so hot.
Emma's getting bigger and bigger. She's kind of smiling, and her hair is getting wilder and wilder. Sarah's having more success in getting Emma to sleep in her bed at night. I'm still in the insomnia ward, having difficulty sleeping and then having great difficulty waking up when the time comes.
Michael's adapting well to her being around, but he's been looking for a bit more attention than normal, and has been a bit more emotional (for lack of a better term). Kind of clingy. He's also not quite grasped that it's inappropriate to jump on the bed whilst emma's on it getting dressed. He's also not quite worked out that a cuddle doesn't need to border on assault. We've got to keep a close eye on him, and guard him from his own good intentions.
I've had a bit of a health setback, but we're hoping it's just a short one. I managed a 17 hour sleep the other night, which for me is a personal best (at least since I was a toddler). I also managed about 45 minutes at work on Monday when I foolishly thought I should go back and try. That's a personal best as well, in terms of the shortest time spent at work before throwing in the towel.
Sarah's the equivalent of a single parent at the moment, as she's doing the vast majority of the work, with me only able to step in occasionally. Even playing lego batman with michael for an hour can be very draining.
No comments:
Post a Comment