Thursday, 7 August 2008

Michael the parrot



Following Martin's entry below, I was thinking about some of the words that Michael can use in context without prompting and I realised that there's actually quite a few. Here's a list of some more that I can think of...

Up
Down
'Ba' (Banana)
'Am' (Ham)
Cheese
'Gurt' (Yoghurt)
Eyes
'Ba' (Mouth)
Nose or 'Ba' (Nose)
Car
'Side' (Outside)
Ball
'Ba' (Baxter the dog)
Go or 'go - go - go' (usually when going down the slide)
'Uh-oh' (Mummy- I've dropped something and now I can't reach it - you'd better get it for me)
'Dank du' (Thank you)
'Paper' (I'd like to do some colouring in please)
'Miaow' (Cat)
'Moo' (Cow)
'Kack' (Quack - like a duck)
'Urf' (Woof - like a dog)
'Ogd' (Dog)
'Ba' (Bath)
'Pak' (Park)

He's also now got several words for his latest addiction - Mario Kart for the Wii. I haven't worked out what they are, but it's fairly obvious what he wants as he takes you to where he thinks you've hidden the Wii controllers. I should have guessed that my children would be into computer games, but I didn't think it would be a problem I would face when they're only 18 months old!

He understands so many things (more than he lets on I think) and he's also great at repeating things, like people's names, and the ends of most sentences, but I think he is yet to make the connection between the word and the thing it describes in these cases.

No comments: