michael and i meet the pacific
michael takes it easy at the beach
Sarah reveals the secret of her slim figure
michael dips his foot in the pacific
it's a little know fact about me, but i'd never seen the pacific up until our excursion to the states. given that it's the biggest thing in the world, i feel that i've been missing out on something. michael had also never seen the pacific, but then, he'd never managed to successfully use cutlery either.
We had the chance to go to the beach on our first Tuesday out there, and I was really excited - not least because it was a bit cooler (I'd already broken out in a heat-related rash). We were able to recreate a photo taken of Alan (Sarah's brother) when he was a baby dipping his foot into the Pacific.
All in all, Michael wasn't too impressed. He at first really enjoyed being in the Ocean, but after a few minutes and once it got past his waist I think it was a little cold for him. He really enjoyed the beach though, and spending time with some of him uncles, aunties and new-found friends.
I was really excited to see the pacific, and cannot deny that I almost shed a tear on seeing it.
We spent the rest of the day shopping and eating food. We went to place called Claim Jumper that night, where we got a (small) slice of the cake that sarah was so keen on.
1 comment:
I had my first paddeling in the Pacific experience this summer too! I almost shed a tear myself. Possibly one of the greatest days of my life.
I've also experienced Claim Jumper - they do an amazing chocolate and marshmallow calzone... mmmm
Post a Comment