My mum and Dad came over a couple of weekends ago to look after Michael and Emma (Sarah went to see Calendar girls in Edinburgh, and I assumed the couch/sleeping position for the day). They took them to the Blair Drummond Safari Park just outside Stirling.
I got out our old digital camera, and asked Michael to take some photos. There's something very telling about the photos he took.
Aside from the first photo of Granddad and Emma, he took roughly 100 photos of the car journey there, of which I've only included a small sample. It seems, though, that once he got to the park he was too excited to take any of the photos I'd intended him taking. I think the photos of the animals were almost exclusively taking by Granny, with the possible exception of the one of the seal!
They really enjoyed seeing the animals and spending time with Granny and Granddad Black. Emma got a bit scared by the chimpanzees who were somewhat boisterous. Granddad had to explain to her that she was too young to go on the top of the big fort plaything in the swingpark, but she was excited to learn she was big enough to get on the boat (there's no age restriction on the boat!)
They both had a great time though. Michael didn't take any photos on the way home, as they both fell asleep in the car. As you can see from the bottom photo, Granddad had had more than his fair share of exertion as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment