Michael recently had the chance to take part in a school assembly play celebrating the Queens Diamond Jubilee. He got to play Prince Philip. He only had one line, from their wedding, and it was "I do" after which he had to kiss the girl playing the young Queen (Cadence). When I got home later, he told me that everyone laughed after he kissed her. He seemed neither disturbed nor amused by this, but he really enjoyed getting to take part in it. Given the anti-monarchist slant of both sides of his family, hopefully he won't be ostracised for portrayal of a Royal.
Emma's been making a go of playing on her scooter. As you can see from the videos, Grandma was down a couple of weeks ago giving her a hand. She (Emma, not Grandma) was going on the scooter herself just before I started recording, but refused to play ball once my phone was recording.
Michael's been getting swimming lessons. Sarah says that he really enjoys it, but that he always cries when he gets out of the pool to get changed as it's cold. He was learning last week to put his face under the water and blow bubbles. The issue is that now that Emma's seen that Michael gets in the swimming pool sometimes without armbands, she doesn't always want to wear them either.
Michael seems to be getting excited about the Olympics. He keeps calling it London rather than the Olympics, but he has an understanding that he was born outside London (well, about an hour west of London in Ascot). As you can see from the video below, Emma and him both got a counter from McDonalds today. It was the olympic mascots on them, which I didn't really recognise, but Michael did immediately.
Breakfast for team dressing gown. Not sure how Emma's hat fits into all this, but I can't argue that it looks cool!

No comments:
Post a Comment