Michael and Emma had a really good time tonight on Halloween. They went out with Joseph McNeish to the houses in our street dressed in the same costumes from the disco last week. Michael and Joseph were really enjoying running to the doors. Emma was really excited, but was just running in any random direction and trying to scoff all her sweeties.
The evening was marred a little by my numptiness. Somehow I managed to lock us out of the house. We're still not sure how, but there was still a key on the inside when I tried to lock it from the outside, and somehow the door locked but wouldn't open again. I tried all kinds of things, then Sarah tried to put her arm in through the letterbox and even Michael was roped in to trying, but even with the help of screwdrivers and a recorder found in the car, we couldn't get it. Anna and Gavin (Logan's dad, a policeman from our street) also tried various things, but nothing was working. After about 20 minutes, I eventually called a locksmith, and Sarah went off with Anna to get some cash to pay him. No sooner had they left though, than I gave it one last try and it worked (they must have somehow got the key in the correct position or something). I called Anna with the good news (Sarah's phone was still in the car) and tried to cancel the locksmith. He turned up 15 minutes later though (his daughter hadn't been able to pass on the message), so I was very apologetic and offered him a tenner for his time. He was very gracious about the whole thing, but accepted the tenner. I figure you don't want to upset a locksmith in case they get vindictive.
Michael and Emma have both not been too well. It's a cold/cough/sore throat thing. Both Michael and Emma have been really hot and quite grumpy to boot. Sarah and I are both a little under the weather. Michael's not been suffering in silence though, and was talking about how he thought his throat was going to explode the other day. We kept them off of church yesterday, and Michael was still a bit out of sorts today so didn't want to go to school. Sarah was rightly concerned with setting the correct protocol for him being off, so that he knows he can't do the things he'd like to do like playing on the wii or watching total wipeout on tv. He did make some marshmallow cakes though with a little hep from Sarah, so was obviously feeling better in the afternoon.
Auntie Sandra and her boyfriend Ian popped by last night for something to eat. It was really good to see them both, and Emma and Michael were actually on their best behaviour. Emma seemed to by ok with Ian, which had been a source of concern, but she still got a bit upset when her mummy left the room. Sarah made some delicious deserts.
Oooooohhhhh - spooky!
Michael raises an eyebrow in appreciation
and mummy's!
No comments:
Post a Comment