Sunday, 14 February 2010

grandma's birthday


Michael and Alan help to blow out Grandma's candles


Grandma, Neil and Emma at Nandos. Emma shows that she is already looking for some spicy chicken.


Roz sporting the latest in London baby-carrying fashion


3 generations of mann/adam/black women


Deb with Emma



Michael and Uncle David playing shopping


2 of michael's favourite uncles, 2 of michael's favourite aunties (his answer to that question changes all the time, and somewhat suspiciously, he usually gives an answer depending on who is present)


Uncle Alan, Grandma and Grandad with some presents


Uncle Jamie caught this great picture of Michael jumping


The Adam family descended (ignore negative connotations) on Tullibody to celebrate Grandma's birthday. It was a surprise for her, as she was unaware that everyone was here. Michael's old enough now to get involved in the deception, but I'm quite impressed that he managed not to let the cat out of the bag when Grandma called early on Saturday, and a load of Adams were in the living room with Michael.

A lovely time was had by all, and Grandma seemed to really enjoy the surprise. Michael seemed to really enjoy having lots of people here to play with, and everyone was quite keen to get a shot of holding emma. Uncle Alan was even surprisingly unphased by Sarah's feeding emma.

Deb had come to stay with us for a few days beforehand, which was greatly appreciated. Grandma (Michael gets upset when I call her Dorothy) stayed for a week following her birthday, which was also greatly appreciated. They've both been really great at helping to get the house into order following the birth, and have allowed both Sarah and I to rest. I'm still about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, but I am getting slowly better.


No comments: