Wednesday, 21 November 2007

i do like mondays

The Monday in Utah was even more laid back than the Sunday had been.

We stayed with Dan and Colleen Olson on the Sunday night. He was one of the missionaries who taught my mum and helped reactivate my dad. I stayed with him the night before going into the MTC in Provo before going to Switzlerland, so it was great to see the Olsons when I was a lot less shell shocked.



Michael seemed quite interested in the Elk Head that the Olsons had in their house. Dan had hunted it with a bow and arrow! Dan is also involved with the Fire Service in Santaquin, Utah, and gave me a cap. On Monday, he had a great suggestion for a photo-op, and we went down to the Fire Station and got michael into the Fire Engine! Looks like Michael got into the spirit of things. Zoom in to see his pose!


Colleen spotted something in the morning. Something that Sarah and I hadn't noticed. There was a wee impression in Michael's gum, which Colleen told us was going to be a tooth. I was quite excited. I'd been waiting for his first tooth to come, and had been blaming any kind of erratic behaviour on his impending teeth. Colleen was good enough to bath Michael too, as in all the hustle bustle of the past few days, we hadn't had a chance to bath him.



Dan and Colleen took us up into the mountains behind Santaquin (once I'd found the car keys - in Sarah's bag). We reached about 9000 ft, which is over twice as high as anywhere in Scotland. I was feeling the lack of oxygen, and I noticed that Michael was panting a lot more. He slept most of the time in the mountains though. Probably as well, as Dan kept scaring me by telling me about bears and cougars. It's strange, as there's so many similarities between here and there, but so many differences. It was really beautiful up there.




We got to go to Coldstones, which is a really good ice cream place. Unfortunately this photo doesn't really do too much justice to the ice cream. Michael seemed to really enjoy the ice cream. Dan had taken us to a good american food place beforehand too!



That night we were staying in Sandy with the Holmbergs again, but I got a chance to visit my trainer from Switzerland, Quarnberg, and his wife Brittney. Michael really enjoyed playing with his daughter, Brooklyn. He really seemed to enjoy playing with her toys, but I tried to steer him clear of the dolls.

No comments: