Saturday, 1 September 2018
California 2018 : Disneyland
We went to Disneyland on the Monday after the wedding. It was nice to be there with everyone. Our place was about 20-30 minutes drive away. To be honest, I think it took us longer to get to the park from the car park than it took us to get to the car park from our house.
Michael and Emma had been to the Disneylands a few times, so were excited. Camille was very excited. I think it was her first time going. We tried to get a fast pass based on my illness and Alyson's pregnancy, both of which were rebuffed (unless we paid for a wheelchair), but Camille got one based on her broken arm, meaning we could basically walk on to some of the smaller rides. We also paid extra for a fast pass thing which allowed us to book slots for rides, which was worth its weight in gold.
It was nice to be there with Emma and Michael being able to go on some of the bigger rides. They really enjoyed them. Michael was particularly fond of the Indiana Jones ride. Emma thought it was too jumpy, and Sarah thinks that ride broke me.
The Adam family has a deep history of going to Disneyland. They went several times during their childhood. It was nice to see that being shared with the next generation of the family.
Michael and Emma did great with the queueing and hanging around. At one point they had to entertain themselves for an hour whilst we waited for the nighttime show on the pond (and I rested, having started to shut down) and they just played together with little to entertain them. Emma got a bit scared by Haunted Mansion and the Matterhorn.
I tried to pace myself through the day, but the end of a day is a bit of a blur to me. I think I totally ran out of puff, and Sarah says I started to stare blankly and take ages to answer basic questions so she wisely sent me home with Alan and Alyson. Michael and Emma got to go on and go on some even bigger rides like the Matterhorn and Splash Mountain after I left, as the queue times were significantly smaller. They had a great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment