Sunday, 14 February 2016

Edinburgh Festival (Aug 2015)

I realise this is a little late, but I'm having a catch-up.

August 2015 was quite eventful. We destroyed our old shed and got Carlo Pezzanni to put flatten the bit where our new shed was going. It had always been on a slant, and that was the slow death of our old shed. Sarah did most of the destroying. I had a couple of swings at it then had to retire.

By this point I think we were down to one car. There were issues with the Scenic, and it was going to cost a lot more to repair than it was worth, so we had to scrap it in the end. It was a very sad day as that car had served us very well (it cost £2500 in September 2008 and hadn't needed to much work since then), and it led to an even sadder story up until mid-December, when we finally became a functional 2 car family again.

 

Emma got to have a go on Sarah's cousin's drums when they were over for Sarah's Auntie Irene's 60th. I don't think you see enough drummers wearing princess dresses.





Sarah took Michael and Emma through to the Edinburgh Festival a couple of times. There was a lot on, and it's a lot of fun even just to walk around and see what's on. If I remember correctly, they went with a load of mums the first time, and went to some show which was basically a plug for a book that had something to do with bogie zombies. Emma really didn't like it. She's been singled out by the presenter/author on the way in as someone who wouldn't like it, and they were right!

The second time they went through they met up with Sarah's Uncle Rodney and got to ride on the Tram! They got their picture taken outside of one of Granddad Adam's favourite restaurants - Gordons.

No comments: