Sunday, 14 November 2010

The Birkie

The Birthday girl with Emma

Emma happy that she'd finally got her hands on Aunti Sandi's necklace (apparently from Tiffany's, so Emma wasn't allowed to chew it)


Uncle Lee struggles to hide his mirth at something from Clair


Michael, Isla and I

It was Auntie Clair's birthday at the weekend, so we went up to Dundee to celebrate with her.

We went out for a quiet meal at the Birkie. For those who've not had the pleasure, it's a lovely pub style restaurant just outside Dundee.

After many people talking about how good the Steak Pie was, I felt that I had to give it a go. Although it's not necessarily something I would normally go for on a menu, I have to confess that it was very good.

Michael was upset when his pizza came with carrots, brussel sprouts and chips. He was expecting just pizza. It seems to be a very common theme with him that he's not happy when something's not as he expected it to be. Granddad Black looked a bit reluctant to share his adult-sized-version-of-the-kids-meal macaroni cheese with Emma, but gave her some chips, some veg, and a wee bit of macaroni (and some ice cream).

Michael seemed to enjoy playing Crash Bandicoot on the Playstation in the wee play room that they have there.

We went back to Clair's afterwards. Michael went over to the Megabowl with Clair, Isla, Scott and Granddad. It was very noisy so Granddad came back (thank goodness I didn't go - I was out cold by that time). Michael had signs for strikes and spares, and would even show how many pins were left by holding up his fingers. He was a little miffed that he didn't get any strikes though, unlike uncle scott.


No comments: