Wednesday, 5 August 2009

improved grammar









Can you spot where Michael is hiding?

It all started with a bit of hand painting.......

...and ended up going too far


Grandad, Uncle Scott and Michael playing football in the back garden

Granny taking michael for a walk along his favourite wall in Tullibody

Michael's grammar seems to be improving. I was really impressed by him saying "I like weetabix too" the other day. He's no longer just repeating phrases or words but actually stringing phrases together to make sentances e.g "Can we play MarioKart?" and after the standard answer is given "Can we play something else?"

Sarah's beginning to feel a lot better (I seem to have caught another virus which has knocked me back a bit) so has been able to get out more with Michael. There was an unfortunate incident at Kids World (Soft play in Alloa) where Michael punched another boy in the back. He didn't seem frustrated though, but he seemed repentant by the time he got home and Sarah told me.

Sarah's been putting Michael to bed a lot recently, and one thing I've noticed is that Michael seems to have mummy-books and daddy-books for bedtime. He normally asks me to read him runaway bunny, meg at sea and ten friendly fishes. He usually asks mum to read him you are special, which is a moralistic tale for toddlers about their self-worth. I don't know if he's picked up that Sarah and I have individual preferences about what should be read and that's reflected in his choices.

I recently made a schoolboy error. We have a Freeview recorded, which means we can record TV programmes to a hard drive and watch them later. I saw that the second Ice Age film was on the other week and thought it might be a good film for us to watch together - big mistake! Michael now wants to watch it 3 times a day. Still, it's less scary than Monsters vs Aliens which was the last thing he saw at the cinema. Sarah said that he looked terrified during parts of that. It obviously wasn't that scary, but to him he was a little scared to see the main characters put in scary situations without knowing that it'd work out ok.

No comments: